Sensory Studio is an Occupational Therapy practice situated in Brooklyn, Pretoria. The practice was established in 2009 by Janine Theunissen and has since expanded to welcome two more therapists, Marionne Smit and Lianri Malan – read more about the team here.
At Sensory Studio our mission is to:
- Treat each child as an individual, with unique treatment needs, intervention goals, strengths and abilities.
- Equip parents/caregivers with advice and skills to enhance the development of the child, improve functioning and further intervention goals.
- Liaise with teachers and other health professionals to promote functioning of the child on all levels.
- Always strive to act ethically and professionally.
At Sensory Studio we treat children from birth to adolescence, offering services in Afrikaans and English. We are passionate about and have a special interest in:
- Early childhood development.
- Sensory processing disorder.
- Scholastic/learning difficulties.